sick and tired (literally too)

u can call me names or that i’m ungrateful but i’m really so tired. of breastfeeding of being stuck in a never ending routine of feeding, changing, trying to make baby sleep and repeat and repeat AND REPEAT while covered in sweat, puke and even pee. when will baby stop feeding every 2-3 hours? even when mixed feeding baby still demands feeding frequently. when will my nipples stop hurting like razor blades cutting into me? (FYI baby latches correctly but i’m just so sore still) and don’t tell me to “nap when baby naps”. easier said than done. baby takes up to 2hours to sleep after feed and then after washing bottles etc, it’s time to breastfeed again. i don’t even have time to pee let alone eat at times. and i do have help but some things nobody can help me. it goes on 24/7. i’m falling sick too. srsly anybody else feels this way like me??

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I totally feel you, and have recently finally confided in my mummy friends that I genuinely dislike motherhood for all the reasons u mentioned and more. Their advice was always “it’ll get better” even though I have no idea how and when that will be. Meanwhile I’m just trying to be as positive as possible and just keep psychoing myself that this is a passing phase. I’m also trying to see if I can bring baby out soon so that at least I don’t feel so entrapped at home or enslaved to the pump. I’ve decided that dragging out the time in between 2 pumping sessions or missing 1 is not the end of the world. Self care and me-time is so impt. See if u can get help from someone and give urself 1-2 hrs off once a week. And u can scoot out for a coffee. It makes a lot of difference. Hugssss

Read more