sick and tired (literally too)

u can call me names or that i’m ungrateful but i’m really so tired. of breastfeeding of being stuck in a never ending routine of feeding, changing, trying to make baby sleep and repeat and repeat AND REPEAT while covered in sweat, puke and even pee. when will baby stop feeding every 2-3 hours? even when mixed feeding baby still demands feeding frequently. when will my nipples stop hurting like razor blades cutting into me? (FYI baby latches correctly but i’m just so sore still) and don’t tell me to “nap when baby naps”. easier said than done. baby takes up to 2hours to sleep after feed and then after washing bottles etc, it’s time to breastfeed again. i don’t even have time to pee let alone eat at times. and i do have help but some things nobody can help me. it goes on 24/7. i’m falling sick too. srsly anybody else feels this way like me??

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We are on the same boat reading this is like reading story of my life now. Feel so glad to read this as I thought I'm the only one feeling this way and nobody understands. I think (I hope!) its perfectly normal as we are adjusting to the demands of motherhood. I am taking care of my newborn on my own and find it so tough to cope, all the sleepless nights, baby needing me 24/7 such that I can't even go toilet or eat when on my own, let alone say sleep or rest. I look at her when she sleeps fearing and knowing that she will wake up soon as she cannot be put down to sleep on her own. Its so stressful and I cried a few times thinking I'm a lousy mum to have such feelings and suck at this and even wonder if I might have postpartum depression. Made hubby worried and he tried to support me as much as he can especially during his paternity leave he will take over to let me have me time. Now I feel better but still not confident to be on my own with baby so hes getting his parents to help out in meantime. We need all the help we can get, I see no light at the end of tunnel now but I think like they say it will get better and it shall pass. I can only hope. And I'm sending my baby to IFC at 3 mths instead of my original planned 6 mths as I really can't last that long. I feel so guilty that I can't wait to go back to work but I think it's for the best as its really mentally taxing on me, maybe taking care of baby full time is just not for me. Motherhood is full of paraxoid, heart pain having to hand her over to other caregivers but yet I know I can't do it on my own. 😢 How old is your baby now? Mine is 6 weeks and I am counting down the days.

Read more
4y ago

Same same I totally feel what u are going through. I know it will be mixed feelings when I hand her over to IFC but I think its for the best, for my sanity! Happy mummy happy baby, so what matters is that we do whatever we can in the best interest of both baby and our well being. Jiayou to us.