Is bringing my 1 month old baby out for dinner during evening time is bad for him? I heard from my family that baby should not go out at night. But my in law side have dinner and ask me to bring along my LO.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I do not think it is good to bring babies out after sunset when they are newborn. At 1 mo they still need a lot of sleep and early bedtime is better for them. They are also more prone to bacteria and virus at 1mo. I will avoid bringing them out to too crowded places. And old people think after sunset it is not good for babies maybe of some superstition thing but actually I think the baby will just be overstimulated and may come home crying a lot Coz too tired.

Read more

Be it 1 month old or a few months old. Ita not advisable to bring an infant out in the late evenings. They should have a routine established for them. However if its a one off, perhaps you may want to overlook it. But definitely not in a regular basis.

I faced same issue with my hubby family too. I will wipe lo down with warm water once reach home so lo feels refreshed for bed, not sticky etc.

Yup advised the same too. For me, i would wipe baby with warm water and change the whole set of clothing after a night out.

I brought but when I'm home I still continue with the routine of bathing n feeding for baby to let him know that it is time for slp