Breastfeeding diet

Hi breastfeeding mummies, any of u control your diet while u breast feed? Does it really affect the baby when baby drinks the milk? There seems to be so many and too many food that cant be eaten. Especially now that i am still in confinement, ive heard breastfeeding mummies cannot eat and drink herbs or chicken essence etc as it will affect baby. But being on confinement, we need herbs and those food to replenish energy. Anyone can share your experience? Should i eat or should i not?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I semi controlled my diet during confinement. I ate whatever my confinement nanny cooked and avoided things that are 'cooling' like pineapple, cucumber etc. Apparently yam is a no-no but i have no idea why. Post confinement I didn't watch my diet as I really wanted to eat spicy and fried stuff 😅 I have since cut those out as I noticed that my baby gets baby acne every time I ate those, and her face will be covered in tiny papules. Now I eat most things in moderation, no special diet. Completely no alcohol and coffee for me. I took coffee once and she was extra fussy for that day. Alcohol that has been cooked properly was okay for me. I think different babies might be sensitive to different food and drink, perhaps just monitor closely on your baby's reactions. Also, hydrate well! I observed a drop in my supply when I'm not hydrated.

Read more