Vaccinations

Is it better for infants to take vaccinations at a paediatrician or at a polyclinic? Is there any difference other than the fees and price? For example, is it less painful for lo?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It doesn't really matter, they all did the same job and were trained for. Paediatrician or Polyclinic vaccinations are all the same. Pain are just temporary, it stings for a few seconds only... all baby will cry for a moment and then it'll be back to normal. It is completely normal for that to happen, to be expected. I believe there's no such things as less painful for vaccinations, it feels the same. As for the cost, you can always cover it with the CDA baby bonus card and for sure polyclinic are more affordable.

Read more

My friend advised that the main difference between the pd and polyclinic other than the price would be the combination jabs. For example poly gives 5in1 and hep b separately, but my pd gives 6in1 (this means baby takes 1 jab less). Poly also gives mmr and chickenpox separately, but pd will give mmrv. Poly usually have all the optional vaccines as well (except for hepA when I compared). I felt that the effectiveness of the vaccines should be similar and went for the polyclinic coz it's more affordable!

Read more
VIP Member

Same price except that PD will charge consultation fees. I go to polyclinic for both my kids because it super near my place. With appointments and the Singhealth app that allows you to check how many people are ahead of u, I wait at most 10 mins at the polyclinic. (Punggol polyclinic is the 👍🏻) At the PD office, we have to wait and wait as it gets really crowded. The pros for PD is ‘personalized’ service I guess.

Read more
4y ago

No pblZ!!

It depends on which jab you want. Polyclinic Jabs are 5- in- one which is free, while PD jabs are mostly 6 in one. Which is around a few hundreds. I chose the Private PD ones so my LO won’t get jabbed twice

4y ago

Polyclinic offers 6 in 1 too at a cost. Yes you can mix. My child did 5 in 1 doses then at 6m we opted for 6 in 1.

all 3 kids were vaccinated at polyclinic, waiting time is not too bad, esp. if you take the morning slot. nurses are very experienced as they are doing this all day & everyday.

Super Mum

No difference. Probably just vaccines from different pharmaceutical companies, but they all work the same.

TapFluencer

The only different is the cost $ Nurses at PD actually recommend me to go Polyclinic as it's FOC

For me i prefer poly....5 in 1 is free... Only the waiting time abit longer,even u have appt.

VIP Member

Now that he is 1 I would go polyclinic. As I wanted my son to be jabbed less we did it at PD

Super Mum

Most jabs are free on polyclinic. Longer waiting time after 1 month old