I just gave birth and was thinking of getting my baby vaccinated at a Polyclinic. Other than vaccinations, do I need to bring my newborn for regular checkups with a paediatrician?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

No need. Standard vaccinations at polyclinics are free, and the waiting times are usually pretty decent. They also do developmental assessments, and can see kids for usual sicknesses. If there’s anything the polyclinic doctor feel he cannot address, he can make a referral or recommend for you to see a pediatrician

Read more
VIP Member

Polyclinics have doctors who can do development assessments, they follow the stages and milestones stated in the health booklet :) We only go to pediatricians when my son is sick;

VIP Member

Not necessary. The polyclinic nurse will check and monitor ur baby milestone developments at regular intervals at the same time when ur LO is getting the vaccination.

We only went PD for newborn consultation, all vaccinations and development assessments were done at poly clinic. Only when LO falls sick then we go PD.

Not needed. Baby gets the checks at the polyclinics too. Unless your baby has other conditions or not growing well

TapFluencer

Nope, not necessary. You can do growth / milestone checks at polyclinics too, it can be done after vaccinations.

You can bring them for a check up every 6 months if you want to. You can see a PD that you are comfortable with

VIP Member

Better to go to regular check up at least until 3 to 5 months .. I hv done the same until 1.5yrs ..

VIP Member

don't have to. At polyclinic there will be doctor follow up assessment too.

TapFluencer

Not requited to. Poly clinic will do the check up for you.