NIPTS or Oscar

Which one did you go for? Is there a huge price difference?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I initially wanted to take both tests. My gynae rejected me to go for additional Oscar test if I already decided to do NIPT at beginning. I mentioned about structural abnormality which NIPT doesn't pick up in its test result. My gynae said during the regular scan, he will be able to check those abnormalities. So, I decided not going for Oscar, but just NIPT. I am with Prof Biswas, private in NUH. Yes, there's huge price diff, oscar is ard 2-3times cheaper than nipt. Forgot exactly how much 😅

Read more

my gynae let me choose and told me nipt is way more accurate than oscar but I heard that Oscar provides some results that nipt doesn't. the price for both has a v big diff tho. I'm with private gynae at mount e hospital, nipt I took was $1200, Oscar I think is about 500. sometimes Oscar will have false positive so end up, people spending extra to do nipt again.

Read more

Since i am above 35, gynae recommended to go for Oscar. During counselling, we decided to do both just for a peace of mind. I think it depends you. If on a budget but still need to know just do Oscar. If $ is not a problem go for NIPTS which is more accurate and covers more testing plus knowing gender too.

Read more
2y ago

Oh i’m a private patient at Kkh. Total bill for Oscar and NIPTS is about $1.5k. Oscar is a about $300-$400 range and the rest is for NIPTS.

I took Oscar since it’s within my acceptable budget and it’s my first baby. But if you decided that whatever the results is you’re gonna keep the baby then I suggest you to save the money instead of going for either test. :)

I went for comprehensive nipt done at a private clinic which was like 1750 before gst (if i rmb correctly) as the basic one was $1350 i think. Didnt take oscar since i dun like the % of accuracy 😅

VIP Member

Yes the price difference is huge, if ur age is more than 35 , and any genetical hereditary if u have any doubts there means better to go for NIPT , below 35 mostly chances are very less

VIP Member

Yes it's a huge price difference. if you are on budget I would suggest for Oscar. For me I go for Oscar in the very last min as we saw the doc and report before draw blood

Neither. Don’t have to do it as it’s optional. But if I were to choose I would go for NIPT to eliminate any false results that Oscar is known to have.

I’m 32 years old and this is my first baby I did Nipts cuz it’s more accurate Mine is private price at KKH so the cost is around 1000$ plus

TapFluencer

I chose NIPT cos it’s more accurate and it’s my first baby. Paid $1k . You’ll also know your baby’s gender :)