Do you believe in giving your all or 100% to your partner? Or is it the other way around, leave something for yourself?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

For me, self-love should always be the first thing. Of course you should give 100% to your spouse, but that doesn't mean you should leave nothing to yourself. Another 100% goes to you. Even though you're made as one, still, you are different individuals who each have different wants and needs. I guess if you know how to give love to yourself, you can give love to others more efficiently. It's a matter of "you cannot give what you don't have"

Magbasa pa

Giving 100% to your partner is, I think, fine as long as you don't expect that your partner will return that same amount of love and affection. It always differ for each person and sometimes your 100% could mean less for your partner and vice versa. For me, it is better to give yourself a fair share. Sometimes, when you choose to give it all and don't get to receive the same from your partner, it may cause misunderstandings.

Magbasa pa

I believe that love should always be 100%. Loving your partner 100% doesn't mean that you will not love yourself. "giving it all" means you love your partner freely and you're not doing it so that he will love you back. However, it doesn't mean that you will allow your partner to treat you like a rag.

Magbasa pa

For me, the only One who deserves my all is God. My husband comes next on the list. On the other hand, you can't really love the other person if you don't love yourself. Love begets love.