still in maternity clothes :(

been 2 months since i have given birth. did 10 sessions of post-natal massages and binding. but i still can’t fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes and my clothes were not tight-fit kind. :( i also cannot wear my rings. i have lost about 10kg from my last pregnancy weight. i put on more than 15kg for this pregnancy. how long does it take? how long did u mummies take?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't stress over the weight gain mummy! I'm 5 months postpartum and I still can't fit into my wedding ring - think got to resize already 😂 breastfeeding will help to slim down. Also when I returned to work and started getting busy, I've lost some weight too. Now, i still cant fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes (coz my pelvic area is larger, all my skirts/pants have to up 1 size) but it's alright, wardrobe revamp! Stress makes it more difficult to lose the weight so don't be too harsh on yourself (:

Read more

I gained about 18-19kg for my pregnancy and it probably took me more than half a year to be able to squeeze into my loose pre-pregnancy clothes. I believe what really sped up weight loss was breastfeeding and balanced diet. Like I abstained from those lactation cookies because of high sugar/calories and took more nutritious food for breast milk.

Read more

Don’t stress! Your body went through a huge change, grew a human and postpartum. I also am learning to be more kind to my body and accept that it has changed, will take time. I’m breastfeeding and I do feel I am slimming but slow slow, I am not a fast one. 5 months postpartum and still working on it.

Read more

Hi mummy! Don’t worry you are not alone in this. My baby is 6 months and i still can’t fit into my pre pregnancy clothes; high rise jeans,dresses etc. i have been wearing elastic band pants, oversized sweaters / tops to work. Haha.

We gain weight bit by bit month by month. It took us 10 months to gain. How can we lose in 2 months. Dun compare with others. Everyone body is different. Enjoy breastfeeding. Dun stress out. It took me 8 months to bring my weight down.

VIP Member

For my first pregnancy, I only slim down after I stop bf. So right now, you are not alone. I am 2x bigger than my pre-pregnancy size. Sobsob

Super Mum

My wife said that when she breast feed , her weight also drop a bit. But when baby wean off, the weight start to put on

VIP Member

Do some exercise, planks and cardio too it helps to reduce. Dont stress make sure you enjoy doing it

Give yourself abit more time. you put on that amount of weight in 9 months anyway not 2 months

VIP Member

my LO 3m plus, and I still can't fit in any of my clothes yet :(