Maternity Clothes

How many months of pregnancy that you can no longer wear ur pre-pregnancy clothes? Asking coz of the circuit breaker, no idea if i will need to maternity clothes anytime soon. I’m 1 mth pregnant now. Current clothes still fits.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would say for the next 1 month it should be quite okay to do without maternity clothes. It also depends on your existing wardrobe and how your body changes during the pregnancy. I have a mix of fitting and loose fit clothing. I don't feel comfortable in fitted clothing though I could fit some of them. I've completely stopped wearing my regular pants very early in second tri (very uncomfortable) , and skirts / shorts from 23/24 weeks. At 31 weeks, I still wear shorts with elastic bands like those from uniqlo. My bump is small even at 7 months. My problem is that most clothing don't fit my bust which is at least 2 cup sizes bigger than pre-preg. My personal preference is to size up from my usual, at least I still have an option to alter them when I lose weight, or continue to wear them for a while if I don't lose all the weight. Those can just get from regular clothes e-retailer during this period. I didn't buy any maternity clothes and don't intend to. Everyone is different :)

Read more

Not so fast. Around 4-5 months onwards bump starts to show a little and u might want to get something less tight around the tummy area. Can order online from Iora.com. They have straight cut dresses with no waistline in large sizes which are good for preggy ladies and not too expensive. Around $19/29/39 per dress

Read more
VIP Member

For me I was able to wear my dresses (big flairs ) all the way, the ones with specific cutting n designs depending from 4months on. As for pants, 3months onwards. Home clothes, my t shirts usually pretty big so I could wear them all the way. But for bra, I got nursing bra to wear 3months onwards.

Hi, every pregnancy is different. I am an average size lady & I manage to fit into my normal clothings up till about 6-7months. My usual clothing cutting/size is usually slightly loose/bigger. Tummy was growing bigger & faster towards last trimester.

Think around month 5 or so, bump started to become bigger, only the clothes made of stretchier materials can still fit and it also emphasises my bump more. As for pants, it became totally uncomfortable, so i got maternity leggings.

VIP Member

I have some normal clothes because the cutting is more flare i can still wear to date and I'm 9 months pregnant now. You can always see ur bump size later in 2nd tri and order online if need be. Don't stress too much over it.

TapFluencer

I didn't wear any maternity clothes through out pregnancy. Just last trimesters I had to wear flare dress or loose top. I think it's about practical at least after birth I can still wear these clothes.

i can fit all my pre pregnancy clothes throughout the whole 9 months. i just one 1 dress to make myself happy 😂 maybe you can buy loose dress where you can wear during preg and not preg

i started buying 4month onwards. i didnt really buy maternity clothes just normal dresses from zalora as they always have discount. if im S, i’ll buy M size.

TapFluencer

if you already have flare dresses, they should suffice... though i did buy a few tops with maternity pants & am trying to clear them on carousell 🙊