Tell me about your baby's weight and give birth by what method

Baby's weight 3.6kg at gestation 37w4d..big?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

3.09kg, 39weeks+0days, normal vaginal delivery 3.36kg, 39weeks+5days, normal vaginal delivery In Singapore, the average birth weight is 2.5-3.5kg, but it’s not impossible to push out a baby that’s 4kg. It depends on the pelvis of the mummy, plus whether labour progresses well, and of course, you’ll need a lot of strength and perseverence to push. Because it may be a little more difficult, with possibility of bigger tear at the perineum, your doctor may suggest a C-section if baby is pretty big. But if you still want to try for normal vaginal delivery, you should let your gynae know:)

Read more
2y ago

Regardless of your delivery method, it’s going to be an amazing way to meet your LO! ❤️ Congrats in advance!!

2.8kg at 39 weeks - induced labour natural birth with epidural as the baby is not showing much growth within the last week so doctor recommended to induce instead.

VIP Member

Yes I think your baby is big, but if gynae says ok, then it should be ok. My baby was 2.9kg at birth via emergency C-sect

VIP Member

Yes 3.6 kg considered on the bigger side. Mine was 3.2kg induced at close to 38 weeks.

I had a big baby. 4.6 kg at birth, vaginal birth

2y ago

Wow how did u do that? Did u go by natural or induce? I could not imagine myself to give birth to even a 4kg baby haha

Super Mum

3kg, natural delivery with epidural

VIP Member

2.64 kg - vaginal 3.23 kg - c-sect

40weeks 2 days. 3.4kg. Normal.

38 weeks, 2795 grams, normal

VIP Member

2.3 at 38w4days, normal