Tell me about your baby's weight and give birth by what method

Baby's weight 3.6kg at gestation 37w4d..big?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

3.09kg, 39weeks+0days, normal vaginal delivery 3.36kg, 39weeks+5days, normal vaginal delivery In Singapore, the average birth weight is 2.5-3.5kg, but it’s not impossible to push out a baby that’s 4kg. It depends on the pelvis of the mummy, plus whether labour progresses well, and of course, you’ll need a lot of strength and perseverence to push. Because it may be a little more difficult, with possibility of bigger tear at the perineum, your doctor may suggest a C-section if baby is pretty big. But if you still want to try for normal vaginal delivery, you should let your gynae know:)

Read more
4y ago

Regardless of your delivery method, it’s going to be an amazing way to meet your LO! ❤️ Congrats in advance!!

2.8kg at 39 weeks - induced labour natural birth with epidural as the baby is not showing much growth within the last week so doctor recommended to induce instead.

VIP Member

1st 40w3days, induced with epi 3.3kg NVD 2nd 38w, induced with epi 3.7kg NVD 3rd 38w, induced with epi 3.4kg NVD 4th 38w, induced with epi 3.9kg NVD

Read more
VIP Member

Yes I think your baby is big, but if gynae says ok, then it should be ok. My baby was 2.9kg at birth via emergency C-sect

VIP Member

Yes 3.6 kg considered on the bigger side. Mine was 3.2kg induced at close to 38 weeks.

I had a big baby. 4.6 kg at birth, vaginal birth

4y ago

Wow how did u do that? Did u go by natural or induce? I could not imagine myself to give birth to even a 4kg baby haha

VIP Member

3kg, natural delivery with epidural

VIP Member

2.64 kg - vaginal 3.23 kg - c-sect

39 6, 2.58 natural wif epidural

40weeks 2 days. 3.4kg. Normal.