Philips Avent

My baby is turning 1 month old in a few days time. I am using Philips Avent bottle. When should I change the teat to 1m+? Or can I continue to use 0m+ teat for my baby? TIA!

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I used avent bottles for both my children. The teat sizes are only recommendations, Not that you must change according to that particular age. I remember my kids had to wait for a bit longer before they were ready to increase teat size as they ended up gagging on the increased flow. If you notice baby has trouble coping with the faster flow of milk, feel free to go back to 0mth size teat and try again a few weeks later.

Read more

I find avent bottle has faster flow, so I hold back on changing the teat (as compared to other brands). My bb is 3mo now and still using the first size. In fact initially when he started in avent at 1m+, he was choking cos the milk flow was too fast.

Have to see baby drinking flow. My lo when he was 6months i changed to 6mths teat but was not suitable as the milk keep come out from his mouth so still use back 3mths teat. If he drink slow then have to change.

Super Mum

Having faced both my kids rejecting the bottle, I would recommend upsizing the teat to avoid sudden bottle rejection. It’s very painful when the baby suddenly rejects the bottle 😅

My LO is almost 2 months and I am still using 0M+ teat. She will get choked easily while drinking so I decided not to change.

TapFluencer

I'm still using the 0months+ teat. My baby is 6mo now and I latch whenever I'm not at work.

VIP Member

I continue using till 1 year.

VIP Member

Better to change now...

Better to change!

VIP Member

Better to change