My 1mo is so cranky at night and refused to be put down.

My baby will not sleep by herself and will only fall asleep when me or husband put her in our arms and rock her to sleep. This is really tiring for us. She can really stay up the whole night. Anyone experience this and any solutions to this? Tried white noise, massage but all seems to not work. Help!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yeah me too! Mine had difficulty sleeping in her 1st month. We swaddled her and turned her sideways, and she still cried! I had to sway her in my arms. After a while, I understood why she always cried before sleep. It’s because she’s hungry. So maybe you can make sure her last feeding time is not too far apart. A change of fresh new diapers would help too. Swaddle and turn her sideways with a pillow behind her back as well. Can try all that. Her environment too. Check her environment, too cold? Too warm? She’s probably uncomfortable if everything you’ve done doesn’t help. Maybe an itch? Maybe pain somewhere.. anyway a lot of selawat too. My lullaby to her is always “Laa ilaha illallah..” repeat in a soft and singing-like tone. All the best! You’ll learn her cues soon. 🥰

Read more

My LO only started to sleep abit longer when he turned 2 months old. He too had to rock to sleep and only slept in our arms. In a way, newborn have not learnt how to self soothe so thats why they need us to help them (thats what we keep telling each other to keep calm and sane 😅) Have you try swaddling after your LO sleeps? Pacifier for self soothe?

Read more
3y ago

Pacifier, swaddled, did those too. Ya I guess she still need to be held to sleep till she’s slightly older. Thank you for sharing!

mine doesn't sleep on her own too. we had to carry her. once she fell asleep, what works for us is letting her sleep on her side. we would alternate each side after every wake. at 1 mth, the max she can sleep through is 4hrs before her next feeding. here's a picture when she was 1month. hope this works for you guys too!

Read more
Post reply image
3y ago

I will try this method. Thank you for sharing!

mine too. but I went along with her needs. she's my 5th child. I know they'll grow up really quickily. Even before you realised it. I only slp when the birds starts chirping In the morning everyday. if lucky, earliest is ard 4am. I cherish every moment a lot. no regrets. exhausted but worth it!

Have you tried swaddling her? My LO sleeps better when swaddled during her first 2 months+. Swaddling helps to give them the tightness, warmth and comfort like our arms. Hope you find a solution soon! Hang in there!

Hang on there! Happened to my 2 mth old too due to growth spurt. And yes, it's exhausting but w ill not last long though but will take days to be back to normal.

my LO after 3mths then able to sleep on his one.. all this while for the first 3 months he will sleep on chest or my arm...it's normal. as baby feel safe.

Yes i did but at times she doesn’t like it and cried louder😢