My Newborn Doesn't Sleep For Long

My LO is turning 5 wks and she doesn't seem to nap for long stretches, at times only 30mins or less and she will wake up cranky. I have tried swaddling, white noise etc but still not much improvement. She ends up drinking every hr or so when she wakes up abt 30-50ml sometimes. She makes alot of grunting noises and keep stretching in her sleep, sometimes throughout the whole night. Is this normal?how to get her to sleep for long? So stressed out by this newborn phase ?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

At 5 weeks, I think my LO was doing 20min naps. Lol. It was terrible. Pretty similar to what you’re describing. She fed every hour too. Recently at night (3 months old), she would wake up every 40 minutes. That was pure torture. And she refuses the bottle, so I need to latch her on. It’s gradually getting better 😴😴. Hang in there, mummy!

Read more
TapFluencer

My boy use to be like this when I direct latch, swaddle music white noise all not working too I guess they are hungry, after switch to bottle feed he can sleep slightly longer like 1hr and 2hrs at night. Now 5.5months he can sleep 6hrs