Slow physical development in babies

My baby is going to turn one this month . But she hasn't got her first teeth , neither has she started to walk on her own . She stands on her own and holds on to objects for support . I am a bit concerned .should I be worried ?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Ashaa, It is perfectly fine. She has not even turned one year and you are expecting her to have her tooth, walk on her own. My daughter started walking when she was perhaps 14 months old or may be a little more. And first tooth also sometimes take a little longer time. Please do not get so hyper. She will soon start walking on her own and will get her first tooth too, enjoy this time and live it fully. These few months are going to be the last time you will see her walking with support of things or your support. She will soon start walking and running. Relax and enjoy.

Read more
7y ago

Thanks you so much .

Hello, There is no ideal set time for all the babies of the world to walk or talk or have their first tooth or all teeth at some particular time. All babies are different and all babies have different developmental clock. Some kids start teething as soon as five months and some start as late as 12 months or may be later. It is absolutely okay, if your child is walking with a support. In fact, I would say she is showing fast developmental signs as some kids do not even do that. Please do not be worried and concerned at all, she is perfectly fine and doing good. :)

Read more
7y ago

Thank you . That was very much informative

no..nothing to worry much..if dhr is no deformity in legs..sm children starts walking late..hv u tried her make sit in baby walker..it assists baby in walking vth support..baby learns easily..jst make her sit in walker several times a day..teeting is also delayed in sm babies..u can giv her calcium supplemnt...calkeria..n if baby puts each n everythng in mouth due to irritation in gums bcz of teeting..dn u cn ease dat by giving raw carrot,cucumber,coconut etc..if baby dsnt start walking aftr efforts of week..dn u shud cnsult sm ortho dr..or pede..

Read more
7y ago

Yes I will do that . Thanks

don't worry at all...she is about to turn a year and she has plenty of time. the first tooth can come up till the 15th month even though some babies have it a lot earlier. walking also is a milestone that babies can reach around this age. many babies start walking independently after they turn 1, so don't worry at all

Read more
7y ago

Thank you . Now I can ease my mind of tension .

some babies take time than other babies.... sabse achhi baat ki uski activities normal babies ki chal rahi h.... uski food ki variety increase kar sakti ho....

some babies take their time to walk

7y ago

Alright . Thank you

no there is no need worries