motor development

I'm feeling a bit worried about my baby's motor development. My little one is 4.5 months old, and I've noticed some things that are starting to concern me. During tummy time, she struggles to lift her head and doesn't push up on her arms like I've seen other babies do. Oh and also, she hasn't shown any interest in reaching for or grabbing toys. When I put a toy in her hand, she doesn't seem to grasp it firmly... Are these signs something I should be worried about at this stage?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I completely understand your concerns about your baby's motor development, but try not to worry too much just yet. Every baby develops at their own pace, and these things can vary greatly from one child to another. At 4.5 months old, some babies may not be showing much interest in reaching for or grabbing toys, and struggling during tummy time is also quite common at this age. However, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on these things and talk to your pediatrician if you're feeling worried. In the meantime, there are some things you can do to help encourage your baby's motor development. You can try giving her plenty of supervised tummy time to help strengthen her neck and arm muscles. You can also offer her different types of toys to see if she shows more interest in certain ones, and gently guide her hand to grasp them. Remember, every baby is unique, and it's normal to have concerns as a parent. Just keep an open line of communication with your pediatrician and continue to provide love and support for your little one. You're doing great! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more