Not responsive to sound

My LO had her 3 month physical check up, she did not turn towards the sound yet she was started when someone sneezes loudly from a distance. Is it normal? Can hearing developmental be slow for certain babies? Concerned mummy here.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dont worry mummy, like u my LO failed both his hearing test at 3 & 4 month physical hearing examination. Polyclinic doc even gave me a referral letter to ENT at kkh but im very certain my baby can hear hence i cancel the appointment. Here's what u can do and that's what i did. Use a toy or anything object that can make a sound, either lay her on the bed or let her sit on ur lap. Then without her seeing the object, gently shake the object beside her ears. Watch whether will she turn towards it, record it down with ur hp. So during next visit to the clinic, u can show to doc that ur LO is not deaf 😉 So not to worry ya! All the best ~

Read more

Dont worry dear! My 2nd boy was unresponsive towards sound at 3 month checkup tooo! And i was exceptionally worried cause he had a dose of strong antibiotics which was said to possibly affect hearing for his UTI. Doc askd me nt to worry and scheduled another chkup at 4 mths, and he passed it. Try to schedule appt during his awake period. During the 3 mth checkup i had to wake baby up from his slp so i guess tat's y he wasnt responsive

Read more
VIP Member

my newborn also keep sleeping when we all shouting or make loud noise, but she will wake up bcos of plastic or zipper or ringtone sound. You can do the hearing test at the hospital if u want to make sure, we just did it last week for $80 at mt.A

VIP Member

Hi... it’s too early to determine if your child has hearing problem. Please give your child development time. Monitor and see a doctor if you’re still worried

Yes it’s normal But watch and keep and eye on it Through games and interaction you can try But if worried speak with PD

Read more
VIP Member

Need to see some more time rather than conclude now .. hope ur lo will be fine.. but check with ur pd as well..

Super Mum

Hi mummy, it could be too early to tell but continue to observe and stimulate your LO ya! :)

some young babies are less responsive. monitor and check with pd during the check up.

VIP Member

Did the pd say anything? It sounds OK to me though, don't worry(:

Pagi q77761yyy_77y38uj4ujkj2