Refused to sleep on cot

My 3 weeks old LO started to reject sleeping on the cot during night time. In the noon, she sleeps on a bouncer as she refused to be on the cot. However, I realised that with the infant booster seat on her cot, she will sleep but I am worried that the infant booster seat might be a suffocation hazard while she is sleeping as she has the tendency to turn her head. Is it safe for her to sleep in that manner? I am thinking of getting her a bassinet crib to sleep instead, will that works better?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes! You are right about the risk of suffocation. A bassinet will work better. You can also try establishing a daily bedtime routine e.g. wipe down, change clothes, swaddling your baby, cuddling and switch on white noise so that she knows it’s bed time and then put her down on the cot when she is drowsy.

Read more
4y ago

She has a daily bedtime routine, we will change her diaper, exercise her legs, applying oil for her and switching on white noise for her. All along it had been working fine, she started to refuse her cot only yesterday night. Thank you for your advices!