Frustration

My baby is about 7 weeks and she’s been drinking very little about 420ml a day. PD said she should drink 690ml a day which is far from what she can take in. I’m getting frustrated feeding her as she drinks 20ml each time. She’s just a baby, what can I do? Pls help!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My lo is 9 mths old. She is drinking about 700 to 800 ml a day. As long as baby is hydrated, active and healthy, should be fine. We can’t force them to drink also. Just can feed as much as she want. I tried to feed more, the end my lo spit out.

5y ago

Ahhh I just rmb your baby is also taking solid foods right so 700-800 is fine for her. Mine cannot eat solid food yet only purely milk

VIP Member

Maybe feed him more frequently. But I feel 420ml is fine ley. As long as baby is still active and stay hydrated, maybe don't need to worry so much..

5y ago

Try to feed more but she will just take lesser and lesser in the subsequent feeding as the frequency increases. I also think it’s fine but pd said recommended amount is 690 try to target 600 😂 we can’t even reach 500

She’s been drinking formula milk about 420ml a day. PD said needs to drink around 690ml based on her weight and age. She’s 4.7kg now

690ml? My baby’s 3 months old now n sometimes she struggles (more like I struggled to feed her) to even reach 690ml 😳

VIP Member

I think it should be fine as long as she's active, healthy and not lethargic, it could be just a phase as she's still so young(:

5y ago

Thank you !!! Yes she’s active and not lethargic at all! 😊

If she is growing well and looks happy then nth wrong with drinking less. Wat did pd say?

5y ago

She looks happy and energetic, not lethargic from what me and my husband see. I went to Thomson pediatric centre and Pd accessed and said he can’t find any problem just drinking not enough...weight 4.6 is borderline ...

Super Mum

BM or FM? How many times is your baby drinking in a day?

VIP Member

My LO 3mth only drinking 500mls per day (every 3hourly)

5y ago

Then I think mine also same like yours 😊 she’s almost 2 months and drink 420++

VIP Member

Is your LO drinking breastmilk or formula milk?