jaundice

baby is 3w3d old now & jaundice level is still a little high, last week was 190 this week is 180. any way to help bring down the level faster? fully on ebm

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Few ways that work for my baby 1. Go to those traditional medical shop, u tell them you want for baby shower for jaundice one, as we use that for his shower for that period. 2. Sun tan baby for 15mins before 10am sun and after 5.30pm sun. Doc mentioned that to me.. as long as there is sun rays can le.. as my house toilet, there is sun coming in, so I stand there with him just wearing diaper.. 3. Reduce your ginger intake for the time being.. 4. Feed as much as she wan.. this help to flush out as well.. Hope it helps..

Read more

Just feed him loads of milk, be it breast milk or formula milk to flush out the Bilirubin compound in his blood which is the substance that causes jaundice. My milk at that point had not come in so I had to use formula but don't stress yourself, jaundice is easy to cure. Remember to wake him every two to three hours for feeds as jaundice babies tend to be more sleepy

Read more

what i did was reduce ginger intake and ebm for the time being. more formula for my baby. and suntan slightly from my window for 5mins each morning. its gone after 2nd checkup.

Top up with formula. did that when he was a week/two old and managed to bring down the level. After level is down, im back to full breastfeeding.

4y ago

she has 6-7 wet diapers & 3-5 poopy ones.. sometimes will even pee in between changes

VIP Member

hi mummy, bring your lo under the sun, 8-9am or 5-6pm daily..it will help (: that's exactly what I did with my little girl.

4y ago

mine was 220+ when did the first check up..after bringing her downstairs under sunshining, it drop to below 100 in two weeks..also needs your lo to keep pooping and urine out the yellowish stuff (: Stay strong mummy!!

Super Mum

The most likely cause is breastmilk jaundice. To bring it down faster, give baby formula milk on top of ebm

4y ago

she’s drinking 110-130ml of ebm every 3-4hrs, still top up with fm?

VIP Member

Sun tanning, early morning sun not under the hot afternoon sun ya...