***please do not follow the advice!! ***The attached advice was shared and appear on my fb news feed.. For parents whose Chinese is not their forte, the newspaper cut out advised that newborn babies with jaundice shld be given a concoction of rice cooked in red date soaked water and milk, guarantee to eliminate jaundice after 3 feedings.. I cringed immediately upon reading it.. we all know that nothing but milk should be given to babies below 6mths.. I shudder to think about clueless parents following this advice. would it be rude to comment that it is bad advice to the op?

Post image
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Correct, Dates water is not suitable for baby to drink. It will make baby temperature will go up easily. If jaundice is not heavy, appropriate drink plenty of water and directly from the sun can be. Own physiological jaundice will subsided. If the bilirubin too high, better go to the hospital.

Thanks for sharing. Yes, for babies below 6 mths of age, only Breastmilk or Formula milk should be given and nothing else. Please don't anyhow follow. If help is required, you can always post here in ParentTown for more advises and assistance.

Read more
VIP Member

I'd say it wouldn't be rude, because it's better that you step up and leave a comment there that it's NOT recommended than for someone who's not good at identifying fake news to share and then advise their loved ones on this :(

i cant believe this can be displayed in newspaper and for all those people who rely on information thru this publication , its very irresponsible and down right dangerous. Thank you for sharing!

In the age of social media sharing, unverified information can be easily spread. Thanks for sharing!!

it's not rude cos you are helping to correct misinformation! 👍

Super Mum

Gosh. Yes you should comment against it

VIP Member

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes!! Omg report it