Do we need to worry about what we eat during pregnancy

Do I need to worry if I ate something that should not be eaten during the entire course of pregnancy. Eg of things I only realized later that I shouldn’t be eating because I didn’t know I was pregnant or I didn’t know is risky include ginseng, sharks fin, peach gum, alcohol. But despite all the advice on Internet that says this or that cannot be eaten, I have not seen any pictures or solid evidence of bad outcomes in any articles or forums (I tried searching all over) . Most are just preemptive advice or inconclusive. But after so many women and years, there is not much real evidence. Do we worry for nothing? My detailed scan is coming up. I just hope that no issues will show up.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually, the above are just recommended to avoid. Some preggos do take them in moderation as well. I read somewhere where they mentioned that preggo mummy in Japan drink alcohol during pregnancy cause it has health benefits. Not sure if you’re Chinese but there’s a saying 不知者无罪😂 I went for double eyelid surgery (incision under GA), spammed so many half boiled eggs and pineapple juice (for recovery) without knowing I’m pregnant 😂 (Thank god my baby came out full term and healthy 🤞🏻) I would say, everything in moderation. Don’t worry and stress too much. 😉☺️

Read more
1y ago

Thank you!