Ask the Expert Series: Post 2020 Budget

In line with the 2020 budget being announced last Tuesday, we are having a special Ask the Expert with Ang Hui Chin, Head of Financial Advisory at PolicyPal, where she will be answering your questions all about financial planning and preschool finances. So start asking your questions from now till Friday ?

Ask the Expert Series: Post 2020 Budget
23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

What kind of insurance policies do you think is essential for your child? What did you buy?

4y ago

Hi Noor, I am a firm believer that the first 2 policies a child need to have is a hospitalization plan and a personal accident plan. These are small budget policies that can take care of big expenses should any little accident/hospitalization occurs. These are also the first 2 policies I took up right after my newborn is born. Education planning is the next on the list. We all want the best for our little ones and provide them with an opportunity to pursue their further education. Personally, I will not want to take excessive risk on investing this education fund. I'd prefer it to be guaranteed or with a very high guaranteed component. Therefore, endowment plans can meet this goal. Most insurers offer flexible education plans (endowment) which offers flexibility in selecting choice of payout and cashback options. On top of that, limited payment options are also available so that we do not have to pay the premiums for a long tenure.