Will want some opinions on my situation.

So apparently i fought with my hubby because of a post about a wife complaining how hard to have a particular hub in social media, i merely share and quote about how hard being a mother is. And he got triggered just because he think im saying him which im not? However, rather than privately tell me and i could've delete and apologise as i didn't realise how he felt. He chose to comment on the post to start a fight. He say mean things and emotionally threaten to divorced again just because he got triggered. This is not the first time he emotionally threaten me to divorce over small things. After i explain so much, he still think he's right and every replies he gave me is all about him and his pride & mentioned i show no respect rather than solving the issue by understanding what im trying to say too. He also thinks all he might be A LITTLE OVERBOARD to mention divorce for that few times. Im tired of this kind of bullshit from him honestly. We haven been talking for 3 days even tho i texted him yesterday regards on this matter and i believe i am not in a wrong to be angry at him too. Advice and thoughts? bcus im tired of giving a fuck on a manbaby and im busy w my baby too.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel your husband has a really fragile ego and some inferiority complex. I can understand why he was triggered - sharing the post publicly may sound like dissing him in front of his friends, especially if you did not clarify in the post that this isn't your situation but you do empathise and want to spread awareness. It may have been careless on your part, because you should know he is a sensitive person that can blow this up. But I get personally triggered that he is trying to emotionally blackmail you and it's not the first time. Is he so important to your life that he thinks divorce is a threat? Bah! It's unfair to say this based on 1 incident, but if that is the solution he comes up with whenever a conflict occurs, he really doesn't respect the marriage or understand his role as a partner. Maybe when the argument is over you guys can go for marriage counselling, he can learn about conflict management and his responsibilities.

Read more
3y ago

i wasnt aware that he will take it as im saying him because he usually keep whatever things to himself and he didnt let me know either. i only know he kinda a self Centered person. he always slurrr hateful conmebts attafks on me to the extend i did told him i fall out of love already. then he did realise and change but until this again he start. he has been saying divorce for 3 times over small matter.

Super Mum

Hi momma. Sorry to hear this. 1stly divorce should not be uttered at all! Glad to hear he knows he went overboard with that. With that being said, try talking to him again when you are less angry and try not to talk about this just yet. Talk about this only when both of u are ready to hear eachother out without feeling attacked or defensive. Confide with one another and respect eachothers opinion.

Read more
3y ago

tried before. but he always think is no point. Its just revolve around him and he say like its me that being the one who care about myself.

Super Mum

I can understand the frustration especially when you have a baby to care for on top of that. From his POV, he probably felt that others may think the post is about him. It’s just a misunderstanding and nothing a little space and communication can’t fix. I would leave him be for awhile for both of you to clear your heads.

Read more
3y ago

i mean he always*