anything to take note of bringing a infant overseas on a long journey? be it by car or by plane.. thanks in advance.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Here are some handy tips for when travelling with an infant on a plane: #1 If possible, have a designated seat for the baby. This is especially important if he’s older than six months old. If you can, take his car seat (and this is particularly important if you don’t have a bassinet). Confirm in advance with the airline, however, that the airline’s economy seat can accommodate your car seat. A lot of economy seats are narrower than baby pods. #2 Pack pyjamas and any toys your baby sleeps with in your hand luggage. Logic suggests that it’ll help him sleep better if you adhere to his normal bedtime routine as closely as possible. #3 Pack a light blanket to lie over the top of the bassinet to shield him from ambient light (flickering TV screens, etc). #4 If you’re breastfeeding, make sure you drink lots of water during the flight. Drink even more than you think you need. #5 During layovers, help the baby burn energy if he is awake. Let him move and stand and crawl. Hope this helps and happy travels!

Read more

Hi! :) When I took my daughter on a 2-hr plane trip (dunno if that's long enough) for the 1st time when she's 3 mons old I just made sure to do/ bring the following: 1) she wears long sleeves, socks and a bonnet to be sure she stays warm, 2) feed her upon take off (we still bf that time) to prevent the pain in her ears bec of pressure as we all know 3) extra clothes, diapers, wipes and towels inside my hand carry which I made sure is put within reach 4) a small toy she can play with when she's awake and help her not to get distracted with anything that's going on in the trip, and 5) the best thing of all - MY MOM (or perhaps your significant other) who can switch with me in carrying the baby and also assisted me upon check-in, carried my other bags etc. Hope this helps :)

Read more

When I brought my infant overseas, I made sure I have enough fm though I bm him. Also, I made sure my infant has his blanket to keep him warm and a small soft toy to accompany him. It might be also helpful to let infant suckle for milk either on ur breasts or pacifier or milk bottle due to the air pressure if u are taking flight. If car, an infant car seat is necessary for his safety and both ur comfort. The rest of the items like extra clothes, hot water in thermal flask, hats, small toys are a must.

Read more