How to get baby to like car rides?

My 3 month old hates car rides. We have had to send her to and fro IFC daily by car but most of the time, she will be fussing and crying badly in the car. Journey is not long but she still hates it especially when the car stops. It has been a month already and she is still not used to it. She does not take the pacifier and usually just spits it out. Toys and talk also does not usually work. What else can i do to get her to at least be quiet for the journey?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Open the window a little bit maybe? The wind may distract the baby. Put a mirror at the headrest facing the front, so you baby can look at herself and your husband can check on her too while driving. Give her a comforting blanket. Maybe she doesn’t like being alone at the back. On side note, I won’t be worrying about baby developing “bad” habit, eg. wanting milk during car drive. Sometimes we need to provide “scaffoldings” in order to help baby learn/adapt to new settings.

Read more
5mo ago

Awww that’s so sweet! Hopefully the little one gains confidence to car ride soon.

Please share if u have any solution. my LO is also the same as yours. Spit out pacifier and will cry badly🙏🏻

Can try feed her during car rides ? Or on white noise too

6mo ago

Feeding her works, but it is not possible on school runs as my husband is alone and driving. i would also prefer not to develop such a habit otherwise she would never get used to being in a car seat. white noise doesn't work, never had since birth.