Anyone using buckwheat pillow? how much did u pay for the buckwheat pillow? Any review? Where to buy it?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bought mine from kiddy palace. There are different sizes, for newborn and toddler. It costs about $20-30 dolar depends on the brands and sizes. I bought organic version thus it will cost more. I saw spring maternity and mothercare also selling them but I choose kiddy palace as it is nearer to me. Alternatively, you can order online from some DIY provider and you can even customise the pillow cover with your baby's name and choose the fabric you like. http://missbuckwheat.blogspot.sg/p/introduction.html?m=1 http://www.laciepixie.com/

Read more
VIP Member

I'd advise against buckwheat pillows because some people have found little bugs after cutting open their pillows. I purchased a latex bean pillow from BabyLove and was gifted another washable bean pillow by my aunt. It provides the same type of comfort and weight of a traditional beansprout husk pillow without the fear of bug infestation or mould. It's also entirely machine washable. http://www.mumsfairy.com/products/babylove-baby-organic-pillow-latex

Read more

I received a lavender buckwheat pillow from Japan as a gift and I didn't have interest in it so I never really used it and chucked it aside. Last summer, I found it when I was home and it had gone mouldy! I could literally see greenish-brown stains seeping through the pillow case. To be fair, I didn't care for the pillow properly and that's why it got to that state but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't get it for anyone as a gift, let alone a baby :(

Read more
VIP Member

Do shine it often with the Sun, if you really want. Make sure it don't get moist easily. As you can read from the above, many bad comments about the worms. Seem videos of people sharing it. You can always try it out yourselves, or check it once in awhile to make sure it's have not gone bad. If you have time and place, you know the beansprouts , the black shell that come with it, wash them and shine it very dry and sew it in a pillow.

Read more

I have 3 of it. 2 were handmade by my mum & 1 was a gift from my mum's friend bought from some retail shops. Unfortunately, one of the handmade & the one from retail were infested by those bugs :( and we threw it away. We left we 1 handmade but the size doesn't fit our LO, so we sent for some alteration and made it into 2! We do alternates the pillow, wash the cover & sun the pillow every week.

Read more

I bought the buckwheat husks pillows from kiddy palace, qoo10 and baby market expo. So far I have no issue with the pillows as I sterilise them in the steriliser each time there's an accidental spill of fluids. Suggest you buy those pillows that allows you to open up the bag so that you can wash the bag containing the husks and allows you to pour out the content for suntan or sterilisation.

Read more

IFC told me not to get it as several has bugs in it. They ask me to sun green beans and sew a pillow with them. Which I did and the cost is minimal and you know what went in the pillow :)

I got mine from Jen's Lab on FB, $26.90. It helps my baby during her younger days when she startled herself. It's like her chou chou now.

I suggest not to buy cos I have bad experience that there is little bug crawling all over in the pillow