16 Replies

Relationship with in-laws is very unpredictable. You may treat them as your own parents but do they think the same of you? Before you get too invested into building good relations with them, make sure you know where they stand in times of need or you will end up being hurt. Afterall you're married to their son, not them. Dont be too engrossed in trying to impress them and make them like you, it can backfire.

Yes here, me n hub stick to this golden rule since we were dating: We each handles our own family if there happens to have any disagreement in future to come, and never put your partner in a position to deal with your own family alone. It works pretty well until today.

VIP Member

my tip is to treat them the same you will treat your parents. they are afterall your hubby's parents. in my opinion when 2 people get married, both families gain a new "child". try to get used to their habits and have good communication among everybody. good luck!

There are many who will say do this do that to win your inlaw/mil heart but i personally think its unnecessary. Just maintain respect and boundaries. Dont need to entertain them too much...

Like my mil, she has " two face". Infront of my hubby she nice to me. But behind the way she talk very sacarstic and she likes to mentioned my hubby ex gf which very annoyed

Is like some can be best friend and some cannot. But just maintain that respect

It takes two hands to clap and treat each other with respect

I think its all about give n take... But im neutral

V hard to have good relationship with them

It’s always good. It’s give and take

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles