Anyone can help me figure this out? Lo is 2 years old. Recently, (2-3 days ago?) She has been coughing right before she sleeps. Sometimes for a good 30mins to an hour. But when shes asleep she doesnt cough and not in the day also. Just about the time she's going to bed and if she happens to wake up in the middle of the night for a feed or two. Her cough sometimes has this wheezing sound but it you can barely hear it as its once or twice in the whole episode and you need to really strain your ears and the room to be absolutely quiet for you to hear it.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My Lo (18 mths) has been coughing on and off since 6 mths ago.. her cough is like ur Lo, after milk she coughs.. but got no phlegm kind.. we brought her to PD and TCM, avoids food that can cough phlegm and hasn't been using the air-con for months.. still she cough.. but we recently change her formula to Nan HA and it seems to helped..

Read more
7y ago

sure mummy. thank you

My Son (26 mth old) has been coughing for coming a month during the day just after he wakes up too and doesn't cough throughout the day or at night.. I've been feeding Med but not helping.. not Sure what to do.. essential oil also no use.. and I tried not to on aircon and just on fan also not helping.. feeling quite helpless

Read more
7y ago

feel you! will update if we find out why

yes same as my boy! he had it for sometime and end up vomitting and only at night when about to sleep. day time nothing. i took him to the doctors and they told me it's due to flu.

7y ago

she didnt vomit once thou and she seems to be wee bit better. ill let tonight decide if we need to go see the doc. thanks for sharing mama xo

VIP Member

If you said she does have abit of wheezing sound, it's best to bring to see a doctor. Maybe i would monitor 1-2 more days

7y ago

I think so too. thanks mama 💋

VIP Member

maybe it's the milk mucus that is irritating her throat. try to get her drink a sip of water aft milk and see how it is.

7y ago

we have had the habit of giving her like a sip of water everytime she coughs since she was younger if she was down witha cough so that didnt help this time round. should i wait? or should i bring her in to get checked.

VIP Member

only during before bed time? what about day time? not a single cough? secondly, does she drink milk before bedtime?

Read more
7y ago

yes to both questions. thats why its quite puzzling why she only coughs when shes about to sleep.

no worries. my boy periodically has this whole phase and till date i don't fully understand why