Mummies who didn’t sleep train: I need your advice!

Hi mummies who didn’t sleep train your babies, my baby is 3 months old and she tends to catnap in the afternoon. I usually have to carry her to pat/sway her to sleep before putting her on the bed. There are times she will remain asleep when I place her down, but most times she wakes up after 15-30mins and she will fuss and I have to carry to pat her again. Sometimes I just carry her for the whole 2-3hrs just so she can have a solid nap. I’m thinking is it because I didn’t sleep train and she needs me to soothe her to sleep that’s why she catnaps when she’s not in contact with me? Is this a concern? Do they grow out of it? Is there a need for me to sleep train her (I tried doing so but she always cry so hard so I end up carrying her instead)?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there! don't worry about it. my daughter was like that too and I didn't sleep train her (couldn't bear to). we had to bounce her to sleep/carry her to sleep and she cat naps (each nap is at most half an hour). my daughter just somehow outgrew it, by ard 11 months her naps just lengthens and we didn't do anything about it. so don't worry, they will just outgrow it!

Read more

My baby is 2.5m and i read that its normal for abby around this age to cat nap, even if the nap is 10-15 mins. My son cat nap 2-3 times a day can be as little as 10 minutes. And yes i had to always carry hima nd when put down he would cry. But he would sleep through the night at night, so still ok for me. And i dont think babies can be sleep trained

Read more

I believe all babies will outgrow it at some point of time. It can be frustrating though. That’s why I got my baby a yaolan and it’s kinda a sanity saver.