Alternatives To Using Pacifier For Newborn

Anyone have gd way to minimise use of pacifiers for the baby? My newborn gets cranky very easily and light sleeper through the daytime. Want him to get enough sleep but not willing to let him addict to the pacifier? Any gd folk advice?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess it depends on why the question: if you're trying to get them off a pacifier as not clear if you no longer want to give them one or they never have had one - then try substitution (a toy, a blanket). If you're considering whether to use one at all - some little ones like a pacifier some don't but an alternative may end up being a thumb instead...

Read more
VIP Member

I didn't offer pacifier at all. I will usually breastfeeding him until he fall asleep. Thereafter, sometimes I will patpat him when he is asleep.

TapFluencer

I'm having the same issue with my new born. But my new born rejected pacifier herself. We only can swaddle and sing song for her.

If ure breastfeeding, prolly can let him latch till he sleeps. Or if not u swaddle him and rock him to sleep.

VIP Member

I never used pacifier for my lo .. I hv replaced with some toys which r available in market u may check it