Is there any difference between pacifiers? I am considering to buy this Nuk pacifier for my newborn.

Post image
40 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are different kinds of pacifiers and it depends on what you're looking for and what you're comfortable with letting baby use. Things to look out for include: size, material, easily washable or not and construction etc. Size: Generally, there are 3 different sizes for pacifiers according to age group. -Six months or younger (Small) -Six to 18 months (Medium) -18 months and older (Large) Nipple material: Usually silicon or latex. The nipple of the pacifier can come in numerous different materials. Silicone is most commonly used, easy to clean and is less prone to retaining odors. On the other hand, Latex is softer and more flexible than silicon. Many babies prefer the satisfying feeling of latex to silicon. Due to its soft nature, latex pacifier nipples can wear out faster than other materials. Some babies might be allergic to latex so keep a look out for that. Construction: Some pacifiers are made up of three separate pieces. Should your baby’s pacifier fall apart, it poses a significant choking hazard. Many pacifiers are now designed in a single piece which are considered to be the safest type of pacifier. Not too sure about the NUK pacifier but maybe you can use the abovementioned points to make a decision? :) http://parent.guide/how-to-choose-the-best-baby-pacifier/#type

Read more

Don’t believe the hype regarding pacifiers labelled orthodontically-friendly. Studies have shown that whatever type of pacifier it is, they’ll all cause anterior open bites if they’re in the mouth long enough, and they’ll all cause posterior cross-bites if it’s an intense and frequent use of the soother. Look for a pacifier with the nipple firmly attached to the base — and check it regularly to make sure it hasn’t loosened, to prevent a choking hazard. Also, the pacifier should have a ventilating hole punched into either side of the plastic base, which allows air and saliva to escape, minimizing rashes around the mouth. As for the silicone vs. latex decision, it’s really just personal preference. But if there’s a family history of latex allergy, it’s best to be cautious.

Read more

Best is dont start them with pacifiers . Tap them to sleep instead or sing them to sleep . Once they got habit on sucking on pacifiers some babies take very long to quit sucking pacifiers . They will get so attach till if no pacifier they cant slp . And worst time to eat pacifier is when their teeth growing . They will have uneven teeth n the 2 front teeth will grow in odd position or got tt gap thingy which happen to me when young . Try not to introduce pacifier until there is no other way in soothing your bb from crying .

Read more

Start or don't start it's up to other moms who prefer to use pacifiers. Pacifiers in general is okay if you know when to stop it. Like for my son and daughter when they were 4 respectively, i told them if they lose this last pacifier, they won't get another one. And they both understood and after it got lost, they didn't ask for it anymore. If u're worried about how it affects the teeth, so far his teeth as well as his sister is fine.

Read more

Your baby will likely have strong opinions about which pacifier or soother she likes best, so don’t get too attached to any one type before she arrives. Your best bet is to let her test-drive a few to see which pacifier she prefers, and then stock up on spares.

If you have decided to give pacifier to baby and worry about the teeth development, try to use orthodontic pacifier instead.http://www.bundoo.com/articles/what-is-an-orthodontic-pacifier/ Avent Advanced Orthodontic Pacifier is recommended.

My LO who is almost 4 months old love her two different pacifiers by MAM. For 0-3 months, she love her MAM Mini Air Silicone Pacifier which is smaller in size and for now, she love her MAM Silicone Start Pacifier.

Think the size, shape, thickness, softness, etc ... Different brands work on different kids. My #1 uses pigeon. #2 & #3 uses avent. #4 - Don't use at all. tried different brands but no use.

Read more

for pacifiers I try to buy glow in the dark and those that say it's orthopedic or smth, glow in the dark, so it's easy to see where's the pacificier if it drops off at night. hehe

There are actually differences in sizes. For example Pigeon newborn is smaller than MAM newborn. Maybe you just buy this pair first and see if your lo takes a liking for it.