Constipation during pregnancy

Hi anyone experiencing constipation during pregnancy? How you all deal with it?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have constipation issues prior to pregnancy and it got worse during pregnancy. Science shows that our digestion works slowly during pregnancy to allow our body to fully absorb the nutrients from our food. Before I was taking detox tea and a special plum to help me. But now my gynae says no more tea. So just the plum. It helps but some days I still feel very tight and bloated. I'm eating more fruits and drinking lots of water. Still not regular but every other day is good enough

Read more

I was told by the doc that I can take prune juice. It is very effective but cannot drink too much at once. If you have had constipation for a while, can drink 2 glasses a day. But once you start having soft stools, you have to reduce cause it will cause diarrhea when you take too much. Now I only take when I don’t poop for more than a day, and just take a small glass (about 250ml)

Read more

You can try soaking 3 dates overnight and blend them with Goat's Milk every morning, increase fruit intake, I also consume 2 tablespoons of pomegranate concentrate everyday. Cos since I got pregnant I have turned against vegetables (i couldnt live without eating vege in a day before this) and I can only take potatoes ever since I got pregnant. Pfft.

Read more

i increased my water and fruits intake, eg dragonfruit kiwi etc. and drank prune juice if i had constipation for the whole day. gynae say it’s better to depend on natural means than medi… heard from my colleague that she had very very bad constipation during her pregnancy until her piles came out 🫠🫠🫠🫠

Read more

I trial and error to see which works. I start with Yakult then yogurt, then dates which currently helps me (2 pieces a day for a comfy execution) . My last resort is prunes because they can sometimes work too well. Hahaha Just disclaimer, not all in one day, ya. 😄Like yakult for a day and monitor.

Read more

gynae gave me lactulose. i just took once a day for about 3 days or when i have serious constipatiob.

TapFluencer

I took probiotics, and it helped a lot. Used to poo once every 5 days lol.

Dragonfruit helps alottt. Yakult might help too. Drink lots of waterrr

yakult, yogurt drink, prune juice.. more fruits and vegetables

Yakult and dragon fruit was helpful for me. :)