After Birth

Anyone here After Give birth the one months Call Confinement meal and Take care Owe baby together with husband without any Mil help ?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My wife and I took care of our newborn by ourselves. We ordered 28day double confinement meals for lunch and dinner. My wife Breastfeed baby every 3hours but sometimes every 2hours depend on baby. Baby laundries are done by me, changing of pampers depends on who wake up first. Housework are done by me as I want my wife to rest as much as she can but with Breastfeeding, she not even have enough time to sleep properly. Once baby cries at night, both of us will wake up, I will burp the baby or change the Diaper first while my wife massage her breasts or get the pump ready in case need to pump milk. All I can say is patience and understanding is crucial in confinement period especially, it is tough but all parents will have to go through this and it will eventually pass through and before we know it, baby has grown up lol

Read more
VIP Member

Yes. Will be extra tiring. Really sleepless nights. Breast feeding + Pumping milk, washing bottles & parts , house chores etc Everything you must do fast. Nb Baby will awake approx every 2 hours for milk. Pumping milk every 3 hours daily. If you gonna shower baby yourself, use a small tools. Prepare boiling water etc. Need to take care of your back area. During confinement you also will need some rest ( as in baby sleep, u also will need to follow ) Hubby can help with night feeds but he will be working next day, both of you can discuss the routine.

Read more

Tiring loh.. coz still gonna pump. Lack of sleep everyday. Only started to bring over to my parents place for them to take care 2 weeks before I go back to work. But coz tired and no time for myself, get to slim down very fast. Even 5 kg lesser than pre preg... but really tired coz really no time for yourself such as watch drama, do facial, take long bath etc.. everything u do for yourself must be chop chop fast fast...

Read more

Survived! However, I went through baby blues. My baby now is 1 month 1 week old. I was very emotional and super tired as my baby cried a lot and didn’t sleep in the afternoon and wanted to be carried all the time. Apparently now we learned that she was crying due to the hot weather. We also buy a swing and she enjoyed it. We learn by trial and error basically. Good luck to you and husband, you can do it!!!

Read more
VIP Member

I'm thinking to do that initially but my friends (who are already a mother) advised me not to do so as after labour our body will be very tiring and definitely need additional pairs of hands to help us out so that we can have enough rest for recovery. So we decided to get my mil and mom to help out although I will still order confinement food :)

Read more

Super tired Which I'm doing right now Although husband helps to make milk but the tired of wake up so many times so terrible. Jiayou! I almost every night feel like crying... My LO sleep in the afternoon all the way till midnight wake up. Morning afternoon I need to do house work all that even if I take a nap also tired and not enough

Read more

Is this going to work? I was telling my husband we can do this way, order confinement food from TMC, and we take turns to look after baby. Daytime is me, nighttime his turn. But knowing he has work, I kind of think he will end up leaving baby chore to me. Still considering how to handle after giving birth.

Read more

Me! 🙋🏻‍♀️ But MIL came and sleepover for the first 3 or 4 days. I felt it is better as i dont feel comfortable with her ard. My husband did a great job in wrking as a team. My aunt and grandma do come ard as and when to checkup on me.

VIP Member

I'm planning to do so as well! Can make use of the 2 week paternal leave that he has, and he may want to extend this with his personal annual leave. For household chores, can also consider those part time housekeeper. And order confinement meals.

Super Mum

I did not but my friend did. She is like a super mum. She did confinement and took care of the newborn all by herself. Her husband only talk and no action. It will be really tough and challenging but is possible.