after birth without Nanny

Any mum here , after birth without any confinement nanny? how do u cope or handle?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

i dont hire nanny. hubby took 1.5months to take care of me and baby. including cook my confinement food, do housework, and take care baby (bath, change diaper and etc) then after his leave.. i just do it myself.. housework, office, baby.. slowly you will able to cope cause it has become a routine.

Read more

I'm a ftm at only 22yo and i didnt hire any nanny during my confinement, only ordered confinement catering to be delivered to my house. i do everything myself except bathing my LO. to be honest the first 2 weeks were tough, but afterwards it just becomes a routine liao.

VIP Member

My mum did it with me, it is doable. If no help, you might consider latching instead of pumping so both you and baby get some rest. Also, I advise to carry lesser and sleep train from young. They recognise that if we keep carrying them.

I did not have a confinement nanny too since the rate was 4800 during CNY. My husband took 2 weeks off work to help in taking care of the baby and my mum cook all the confinement food. Its tiring but still manageable.

my MIL cooked for me, other than that, she did help baby bathe sometimes but I prefer to be hands on. sleep when the baby sleeps, newborn sleeps a lot

VIP Member

Me, ordered tian wei signature for lunch, bathing all that ownself boil, baby take care by myself. Dinner usually white rice with egg

4y ago

Do u think Tian Wei portion is huge? I have friend who order lunch and keep some portion for dinner too.

VIP Member

My mom take care of me until 5th after baby born .. after tht I alone take care of my self with the help of my partner

Super Mum

I ordered confinement food from catering and had a supportive husband. It was super super tiring but still manageable.

Same as Feifei. My husband helped a lot the first 2 weeks. Subsequently is just a matter of getting used to it 😂