Can anyone advice how to tell my pil not to move in with us to the new house in a more respectful way yet doesn't hurt relationship with them? During my confinement my mil did tell my hubby to ask us to stay ourselves as the relationship between me and her strain a little. Then tomorrow we are going to collect the keys to our bto already, suddenly my mil today tell lo "we are going to move to the new house. Are you excited to see the new house?" Then i realise she is going to shift in with us. I wanted to stay away so my hubby can don't depend on his mom too much. And I can have a 1 to 1 coaching session with lo on how to bring him up. As there are too many disruptions when I'm teaching him new things. Lo is 4 months old now. I am a full time working mom. Of cus if they move in with us, I do not have to run here and there to send lo to my in law place. But I just don't want the rs with them to strain. Any advice? TIA!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think she just teasing you -.- I know a lot of PIL like to do that to test water :P In any event talk to your husband first. Remember when you married, is between both families.. his family is your family and your family is his family. If you married thinking that both of you will spend life together without the interference of the other party family... then maybe you married the wrong person.. Best to tame your expectation. This has nothing to do with your child, in fact is in the welfare of your child to have more people around him/her.

Read more
7y ago

So be it but is an reality. Rather know it before hand than after the fact and complain like a cry baby.