Can anyone advice how to tell my pil not to move in with us to the new house in a more respectful way yet doesn't hurt relationship with them? During my confinement my mil did tell my hubby to ask us to stay ourselves as the relationship between me and her strain a little. Then tomorrow we are going to collect the keys to our bto already, suddenly my mil today tell lo "we are going to move to the new house. Are you excited to see the new house?" Then i realise she is going to shift in with us. I wanted to stay away so my hubby can don't depend on his mom too much. And I can have a 1 to 1 coaching session with lo on how to bring him up. As there are too many disruptions when I'm teaching him new things. Lo is 4 months old now. I am a full time working mom. Of cus if they move in with us, I do not have to run here and there to send lo to my in law place. But I just don't want the rs with them to strain. Any advice? TIA!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I also stress out last time when my husband said he want her mother to stay with us one day (when she's getting older), but lately when she comes to visit, my husband learned that we cannot stay together with his mother cos we have too many different ways. I told him already that her next visit shouldn't be longer than a week (usually near a month), cos when she's here, my stress level up to 9/10. she already plan to come again on may, but due to corona, luckily gov close the border, so probably have to postponed her visit until next year

Read more