Can anyone advice how to tell my pil not to move in with us to the new house in a more respectful way yet doesn't hurt relationship with them? During my confinement my mil did tell my hubby to ask us to stay ourselves as the relationship between me and her strain a little. Then tomorrow we are going to collect the keys to our bto already, suddenly my mil today tell lo "we are going to move to the new house. Are you excited to see the new house?" Then i realise she is going to shift in with us. I wanted to stay away so my hubby can don't depend on his mom too much. And I can have a 1 to 1 coaching session with lo on how to bring him up. As there are too many disruptions when I'm teaching him new things. Lo is 4 months old now. I am a full time working mom. Of cus if they move in with us, I do not have to run here and there to send lo to my in law place. But I just don't want the rs with them to strain. Any advice? TIA!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends on the distance of your new flat from your pil’s flat. If they don’t live too far away from you, no point for them to come and live with you permanently. But I do believe they still prefer to live in their own home, just that they are trying to see how you will react by their words. If they are really serious, maybe you can work something out with your hubby, like inviting to stay at your house only on weekends. Then you have more time for yourself and hubby too. This way, you won’t offend your pil and you don’t need to spend everyday with them too. Jiayou :)

Read more