Anybody faces unfair treatment at work after maternity? My mgr use the co restructuring as a valid reason to take me out of my role and tasked to perform a much more junior role without a pay cut. The much more junior guy in my team was then promoted to same rank as me (triple promoted) and held on my role now. Before i went for maternity my mgr made the Hr to sit in the discussion after i voiced my displeasure but on my opinion tht was really just a tick in the box kind of thing and of coz HR supports my mgr. There is really nothing i could do now except to look for anothet role internally or externally. i felt so much angst at work everyday and has no motivation

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear, im sorry to hear that you are in such a plight. Big hugs to you! If it has been making you feel unhappy, angsty and demoralized i suggest for you to look for an other alternative as much as possible. With that said, i am aware of the concerns one would have. Thus, have you any family members to provide you with support. In any case the government is also able to provide aid. Based on assessment, financial add, counsellung, family planning, ntuc vouchers etc. There are options available, dont feel hopeless.

Read more

thanks