Just need to pour out my feelings

So I'm 33 weeks preg and have a 29 month old toddler. Just past few days , I've been having mild contractions like feeling and it made me feel restless. Googled to find out more (in case it was just Braxton Hicks) but all I got were articles to preterm labor. Mum suddenly ws me after dinner and asked if I was feeling any pain and she said she had a feeling that I was gonna give birth earlier than my edd. I contacted my masseuse and told her my symptoms, turns out it she suspected could be threatened labor. 😭 She came to gave me a massage and said baby was in distressed inside. Turns out the reason for that to happen was because I was carrying my toddler till it strained me. There was a bulge on my spine and she showed me that it bruised. Cut the story short , massage went well and I felt so much relieved from all the pain I was having. But I kind of feel bad and sad that I cant carry my toddler as much now. He seems to have understood Im in pain and has been rather clingy demanding hugs and carry but I could only say no to carrying. Today he cried so bad that I had no choice but to carry him awhile. It breaks my heart to see my firstborn crying like that but at the same time I have to take care of myself too. How do I stop feeling this way? 😭😭 Hubby works from 8-5pm and I don't want to trouble him with trivial stuffs like this.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pls pls pls, try not to carry your kid for now. Try to console or maybe sing with him as a distraction. Say mommy’s back pain pain. Pls also try to see the dr rather than the masseuse to check further. We dont want any regrets later on. I too have a verryyy clingy 2 year old boy and a temperamental 4 year old girl. I try my best not to carry them and soothe them by probably hug them or sing with them or just some other distractions. Pls take care. Im currently 31 weeks.

Read more
1y ago

ya! I was shocked too at the Dr comments 😅 then I thought probably cause Im a sub patient thus no further checks or questions hahaha.

Maybe instead of carrying, can sit on bed or sofa beside him and put him on your lap, etc? At least there is still bonding time as maybe he feels neglected. Don't carry him but hug and bond

35 weeks pregnant and facing the same issue as you with my 15m old boy. I also feel guilty towards him since he is also clingy. I feel you mama ☹️

TapFluencer

taking care of urself so u can care for him longer 🙏