Hr told me to book my maternity leave

Hr told me too book my maternity leave early I told them tht I wanted to wait till I give birth to apply but they say that no one does that. They force me to give a date so I just told them I'll be starting it on my due date then. My gynae has told me tht I won't go above my due date as I have gestational diabetes. But since I book the date for maternity leave on my due date do I have to inform them I gave birth earlier still or just let them start my maternity leave on my due date? I still have a lot of annual leave that I apply before due date. N my job is a retail job but some how it's so hard to use my annual leave. By the time I come back from maternity leave it will be block period meaning no one can use annual leave till end of year. Then starting of the new year I will only have 3 month to clear my leave before it's burn. In tht 3 months it's hard to take long leaves as my annual leave can't clash with others. I'm stress and don't know what to do. Any advice for me?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's understandable that you are feeling overwhelmed with the situation regarding your maternity leave and annual leave at work. It's important to communicate effectively with your HR department to ensure a smooth process. Since you have gestational diabetes and your gynae has informed you that you are unlikely to go above your due date, it would be advisable to inform HR if you give birth earlier than your due date. This will help in managing your maternity leave accurately. Regarding your annual leave, it can be challenging to take it before your due date, especially in a retail job with block periods for annual leave. One suggestion could be to discuss with your HR department if there are any flexible options available for taking your annual leave before your maternity leave starts. Planning and communicating your leave schedules in advance can help in finding a suitable solution. Consider discussing with your HR department about the stress and concerns you are experiencing regarding the limited time to use your annual leave. They may be able to provide guidance or options to help manage your leave effectively. It's also worth exploring if there are any policies or procedures in place that could support you in this situation. Remember to take care of yourself during this time and don't hesitate to seek support from your healthcare provider or a counselor if you feel overwhelmed. It's essential to prioritize your well-being and seek solutions that work best for you and your situation. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

You can actually ask your gynae for HL so you can rest at home furthermore with your current situation. This will give you a peace of mind and will not affect either leaves

I would book leave one week before due date.

TapFluencer

i completed my ML over 12 months