Pregnant & not working

any mummies quitted their job at the start of their pregnancy and find it hard to join back the workforce? My contract role ended just before finding out my pregnancy. (I am moving to another end of Singapore hence taking contract roles that is close to my old home). After movement, I am on a lookout for a perm role that is close to my new home but my husband refused to let me work after finding out my pregnancy. This is my 1st pregnancy and I do not have a good health to begin with. Will it be diffcult for me to land a job after my delivery and confinement after being out of job for 1 year?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also quit my job after finding out I was pregnant. My job requires heavy lifting and I couldnt possibly do that job and no company will hire me after knowing I am pregnant. currently doing some online business and hope to go back to work 6 months after baby is born:) Rest well and focus on baby and delivering first.

Read more
5y ago

I gained about 4kg till now 28 weeks. If gynae said ur baby is doing fine then u dont have to worry:)

depends on your industry, but I did stop work when I was pregnant with my first and only went back to work when LO was nearly 1. then 3 years later now I'm with #2, I only stopped working in my second trimester and also planning to go back only when #2 is almost 1. I do mostly contract/freelance jobs

Read more
5y ago

I'm taking CPA so couldn't change the industry unless I give up on the certification. I have to clock 3 years working experiences and complete the modules to get the certification and i'm halfway there already. :(

VIP Member

Congratulations. I was on flexi work when preggy with #3, and stopped working in early Trimester 2.. I resumed working only after LO went into IFC at 5.5 mo.. but stopped again till LO was 2yo then rejoined.. think it's fine

5y ago

If you have another adult to supervise the maid, then it's fine, as i have mu worries of leaving baby to a helper alone. In IFC, there are at least more pairs of eyes around, and they are trained, less worry of abuse, etc. The only issue to me is LO will fall sick often in initial months..

VIP Member

Sad to say but it’s true abit hard to find a suitable job after having a baby.