Any of your baby is sleeping in a sarong/yao lan. If yes, how do u wean him/her off?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If monitor closely accidents can be avoided. My no.1 was a very fussy sleeper and thus we have no choice but to let her sleep in yaolan after I weigh the important of good quality sleep in infant. After she turned 1 year old and her sleep routine became more established, we weaned yaolan for her. What I did was to gently swing and pat her in my arms, a bit rocking motion like yaolan, and succeed after one week.

Read more
VIP Member

Sarongs/yao lans are dangerous for babies because their chin touches their chest which may cause suffocation. They are also fall hazards. Just put him in a bouncer and let him fall asleep there before transferring him to a flat bed or cot. http://women.asiaone.com/women/parenting/how-deal-babys-tumbles

Read more
VIP Member

Can ur baby fall asleep after drinking milk from milk Bottle? After falling asleep, did u transfer them to baby cot? Does ur baby take pacifier or latch to sleep?

Read more

I had no problem transiting as my baby slept in Yao Lan till 18 mth n after day full day child care. No issue . Babies or toddler very adaptable

thanks