Baby for Adoption

Are we allowed in Singapore to give up our new born for adoption after birth? Reason for asking is because my hubby wants me to abort the baby but I can’t bear to do so.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Yes, you can. You may want to speak to your gynae to ask to see the relevant people within the hospital, and you may also want to speak to the social worker at the family service centre near your place to help understand the process. Just my opinion here... no one has the right to ask you to abort your baby, even if it’s the biological father. If he didn’t want a baby, he shouldn’t have got you pregnant (no such thing as an accident). I really hope that both of you will come to love and welcome this baby into your family, but if you feel that baby’s better off in a loving family, I hope you’ll receive all the help you need in the adoption process. Hugs, dear ❤️

Read more
4y ago

Hi, your words are very encouraging and you are right, i have the right to decide as it is within my body. Thankfully I have the supprt from my 3 kids

Adoption is way better than abortion... I was having difficulty getting pregnant, I cried every single month when i got my mensus. My husband left me for another lady. I got married for the second time and tried IVF after 2 years TTC, and was granted a miracle baby after trying 3 times×IVF. Such a painful emotional process. I was in dilemma and depression... Talk to him, or atleast think of the less fortunate lady like me. Sorry I have to hide my name here.

Read more

We 'spoke' earlier. Understand your dilemma and feeling. Some points you may want to consider: How will the baby feel when he/she grows up? Is it fair to the baby? Could it affect his/her mental health in future? Just my two cents worth. Whatever decision you make, wish you well. Hope this link may able to help you https://www.pregnancycrisis.sg/

Read more
4y ago

Thank u

VIP Member

Yes definitely it's possible. You can speak to the respective hospital regarding your decision along with your partner and they will let you know the necessaries informations.

Can. You can let your doctor know that you want to give up for adoption.. the hospital will take care from there. My friend did that do...

Yes u can but your choice too right? Why does hubby want to abort the baby? The both of u could also seek counselling

4y ago

I feel u should the. Talk to him U have other kids right? Share with him ur decision and maybe make it a family decision by talking

yes, u can contact MSF for help regarding adoption.

TapFluencer

Yes you can