Pacifier or not?

My husband ask me to give pacifier to our baby because she likes to suck on her fingers a lot. But I don’t want her to suck on pacifier so I just let her latch when she wants to suck her fingers. My firstborn he didn’t like pacifier so I thought if he can do without it so can my second born. But my husband say that every child is different. I know pacifier is okay to give but I just can’t bear to give her. Sld I just give her?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you are okay with her sucking on her fingers to soothe herself then I think it’s okay to do without pacifier? I personally prefer pacifier cause whenever she sucks on her fingers her saliva gets all over her face and the next day there’s drool rash. I will always remove the pacifier once she’s asleep.

Read more

I would rather give a pacifier and cut a hole next time to wean vs u can't cut fingers for the kid to wean. My own nephew is still sucking his thumb at the age of 12.

I didnt plan to give pacifier to my baby too. I didnt buy any pacifier eventho my friends told to to get one. Why dont you try giving baby teether toy?

TapFluencer

personally i wouldnt mind letting my LOs use pacifiers but they completely refuse it