Advice pls! My child does not want to eat or drink plain water. She has been waking up in the middle of the night and keep crying. What can I do?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The World Health Organization (WHO) notes that children who are bottle-fed or breastfed will stay hydrated with the help of it. As your baby grows older (more than 6 months) you start to introduce solids they will need water. So introduce in small sips. Avoid giving in feeding bottle as they would expect milk, which would make them irritable. If your baby is still refusing then you can increase water content when you give them pureed foods.

Read more
VIP Member

Get her into the habit of drinking water. Make it into something fun. You can be a water role model for her and ham up how much you love water or use some of her fav characters. “Mummy loves drinking water - Water is my favorite!!!! Tinkerbell LOVES water! So does Barbie! You know what I could really go for? A glass of water! I’m going to chug a glass right now, yummyyyyyyy!"

Read more

How old is your child? If your child does not normally wake up in the middle of the night, you may want to check whether she is feeling sick or feverish. If she has a sudden lost of appetite, it may be sign that she is feeling unwell. Check her temperature and symptoms of sickness. Bring her to see doctor if necessary.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi, many babies dont like water but ull have to be a bit strict dont give milk either, ur baby will cry for some time but will come around. You can try giving ur baby water with spoon , start with few spoonful of water in a day till ur baby acquires taste for it.

How old is your child? Try feeding her naturally flavoured water made at home. Like mint water or orange infused water (as per her likes). It’s ok to not force her to drink too much water and offer her other alternative fluids like coconut water, milk etc

Same situation,my 30months old baby, namamayat na ayaw kumain at bigla. Iiyak pg ngising sa madaling araw

thanks