Waking up in the middle of the night feeling hungry and can’t go back to sleep

Hello fellow pregnant mama, how do y’all deal with Waking up in the middle of the night feeling hungry and can’t go back to sleep? Do you just wake up to eat or try to force yourself to sleep? I’ve been waking at 4am and i can’t go back to sleep at all.. #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sometimes I try to sleep it away. But when it’s too hungry and affecting me sleeping, I actually take some plain crackers (Meiji) and if need be some hot milk. Then I manage to go back to sleep. Not sure if this is the right way but that’s what I’ve done

I would like to think that when u are hungry, it means that baby is hungry too! If u can sleep it away thats fine, but if u cant, just go eat/drink something. Not the healthiest but hot milo with crackers works for me

I can't sleep when I'm hungry. Hence I always eat bread or some light food. at times will order mac bfast.. and I sleep very well after that. 🤭my Gynae said it is okay to eat, just don't overeat.

I am unable to tahan through the night so i always have a ready container of cut apples / other fruits. i drink some milk too.. must eat slowly so stomach feels full and not binge or overeat!

supper every night haha. if you go to bed even slightly hungry it bears the risk of waking up hungry so try to make sure tummy satisfied (not bloating either) before sleep