My 9 months old lo usually sleeps around 11:30pm to 1am which is quite late. His last nap is usually around 5 to 6pm plus. Then he will stay awake all the way till bedtime. I have to pat him to sleep as he don't know how to self soothe. Sometimes he will sleep after having his last milk feed. Have tried to put him to bed earlier like 9:30pm but he refused to sleep. On few rare occasions he will sleep at 10:30pm when he gets tired but will wake up at around 2am for a milk feed. Any mummy got any idea to improve his sleeping habit? Thanks.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi mummy! What time does your baby wake up every morning? My baby is also 9 months old.. she wakes at 7-8am everyday.. her wake window is 2-3hours.. 2 naps throughout the day.. last nap normally around 4.. her bed time is around 7-8pm.. we co sleep, so she will just have the boob whenever she wants.. maybe once or twice in the MOTN. I find having a routine really helps my baby to understand that it's time for bed.. our evening routine, she normally accompanies us for our dinner at the table. After which, wipe down and change into pyjamas.. then we will lie in bed and cuddle.. shortly after I will nurse her to sleep.. It's quite normal for babies at this age to still wake up once or twice in the night for milk.. Hope this helps!

Read more
TapFluencer

You have to fix a sleeping habit for your baby. For my baby I will make sure she sleep after showering during the day and 1 after lunch which is about 1 to 2pm and she will wake about 5pm and goes back to sleep at 9pm. Play music let them relax. I do scold my girl if she doesn't want to sleep. Somehow they understand first few night isn't easy but there after it's OK.

Read more

Hi, i just want to share with you the same problem you have with your baby. She is 9 months old now and she refuses to sleep at 8 or 9pm, if she does she will sleep only 30 mins and then cry after waking up. Her bed time is at 11pm and still wakes up every 2 hr at night for milk May I ask you that if you son has any improvement on his sleep? Thank you

Read more

I started sleep train my LO at 2 months old.. Some say its too early but hey now my LO is following the timeline... His body clock has adjusted... He will wake up by 7am latest 730 am and dose off before 930pm.. Maybe u should try to change his routine slowly... It will be difficult but soomer ur LO will have a hang of it. Goodluck

Read more

Sorry but I think 11.30pm to 1am is way way way to late for a 9 month old. My eldest is primary 5 and he goes to bed at 9.30pm!!! Pls change his last nap time to maybe 2-3 pm So when he is up from nap, he gets to play abit, have milk and “dinner” and getting ready for bed at about 8ish

You need to adjust his timings. That can start off with a routine. Firstly his waking up time so on and so forth. Afterwhich, adjust his naps, the naps are way too late. By 5 he should be awake and go back to bed at about 9pm. Push the timings earlier.

8y ago

Thanks! :)

U have to gradually change his sleeping time. Start by moving his nap slightly earlier everyday. It will be good to slowly shift his nap to around 1plus (so he slps until 3plus I guess?), then at night he can slp at 9plus.

At 9MO, his maximum wake time is 3.5h if he's on 2 naps (3h if on 3 naps). In this case, he should already be asleep latest 930PM. Start bedtime routine at 830PM.

Post reply image
7y ago

Hi Geraldine, really thanks for sharing! I will implement his bedtime routine at 8:30pm. :)

VIP Member

Mine 9mths too Sleep at 7-7.30pm Wake up twice for milk. Woke up at 0630am-7am Nap at 10am-11am Nap at 2.30pm - 3.30pm/4.15pm

Read more

That's very late. You have to change his sleeping schedule gradually. Mine sleeps aroun 7-7.30 for at least 10 hours