My 9 months old lo usually sleeps around 11:30pm to 1am which is quite late. His last nap is usually around 5 to 6pm plus. Then he will stay awake all the way till bedtime. I have to pat him to sleep as he don't know how to self soothe. Sometimes he will sleep after having his last milk feed. Have tried to put him to bed earlier like 9:30pm but he refused to sleep. On few rare occasions he will sleep at 10:30pm when he gets tired but will wake up at around 2am for a milk feed. Any mummy got any idea to improve his sleeping habit? Thanks.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi mummy! What time does your baby wake up every morning? My baby is also 9 months old.. she wakes at 7-8am everyday.. her wake window is 2-3hours.. 2 naps throughout the day.. last nap normally around 4.. her bed time is around 7-8pm.. we co sleep, so she will just have the boob whenever she wants.. maybe once or twice in the MOTN. I find having a routine really helps my baby to understand that it's time for bed.. our evening routine, she normally accompanies us for our dinner at the table. After which, wipe down and change into pyjamas.. then we will lie in bed and cuddle.. shortly after I will nurse her to sleep.. It's quite normal for babies at this age to still wake up once or twice in the night for milk.. Hope this helps!

Read more