worried guilty panic

My 6mth old baby rolled off the bed and landed on the floor!!!!!! She didn't cry screaming it was a different kind of cry like soft and short cries with no tears, after I carry her for a few mins she was back to normal. the top right of her head no bump but red red. I'm so guilty and upset I didn't see her well enough!!!!! I just went to take some long pants for her it was less than a minute. I feel terrible and so scared right now. my husband say baby is fine as she is still smiling and laughing. but im worried will have brain damage or inter bleeding????? PLS ADVICE

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I know how you feel!!! Observe any vomiting, loss of consciousness, inconsolable crying, excessive sleepiness, prolonged periods of quietness. If none of it, don’t worry. Since Baby can roll / flip, you may want to install safety rails. Or just put baby at playmat / play gym area which you can see from a distance.

Read more

I feel you! From then on I ditched our fancy bed and bought mattresses for us to sleep on the floor. He plays and sleeps in the guest room which has many mattresses and padded with play mat. Too high a risk for me to put him on a bed again. If your baby isn’t committing it’s fine. Just monitor.

Observe first. That’s what kkh told me when I called in whether I need to walk in as my LO also roll off the bed. If there’s a sign of vomiting or fever or feeling more tired than usual. Walk in to kkh

VIP Member

Do bring your baby to the pd to get a peace of mind

Best to bring your little one to a pd for a check

Super Mum

If there’s no increase in swelling, irritability, incessant crying, drowsiness, poor feeding, lethargy or change in behaviour after the initial crying, you can probably observe.. Yes the guilt is very real, and nothing we say may make you feel better, but do know that it wasn’t intentional, and now, you’ll always be more careful, so don’t beat yourself up too hard. We can feel that you love your baby so much, and actually, your baby knows it too. Give her more hugs today ❤️

Read more